Valuing our common humanity through diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Lancaster County Court System.
D.R.I.V.E. is dedicated to helping our judicial system continue to move forward to embrace all forms of diversity and to positively impact all lives within Lancaster County.
- Diversity – recognize that each individual is unique.
- Respect – accept people for who they are.
- Inclusivity – promote an environment of belonging and empowerment.
- Values – treat all people with dignity and respect.
- Equity – provide necessary resources and opportunities for all to reach equal outcomes.
OPERATIONAL GOALS / PROCEDURES
- Sustain a court system that values and respects everyone, regardless of race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, language, or disability.
- Collaborate with leadership to set an example of cultural competency and diversity awareness.
- Build trust and promote unity, equity, and justice for all members of the community through partnerships and outreach.
- Increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the communities we serve, at every level of the Court.
- Identify and confront discrimination and oppression within the court system.
- Enhance professional development through continuing education for the advancement of cultural competency and diversity awareness.
- Promote an environment where open dialogue, discussions, exchange of ideas, and courageous conversations are encouraged.
- Endorse a reporting system that upholds accountability of those who discriminate and addresses unacceptable actions, free from retaliation.